Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Well here's Miss OJ, sleeping on the floor of the hallway just outside her bedroom door. She had a tommy-tippy doorknob cover, that is covered in electrical tape on the inside of her room. Undaunted, she has learned how to open the door anyway. She won't travel far from her room at night. Mostly, she just hovers in her doorway, sucking on her binky and giggling that she has this power. Sometimes she gets nervy, and goes into the bathroom(behind her above) and I will hear the sink running, and she'll be washing her hands. Last night I finally employed a discipline technique aquired where else but Supernanny from TV. Supernanny says to tuck them in, if they come out again, you re-emphasize they are to be in bed. If they come out a third time, you say only "bedtime" lead the child back to bed and leave the room. Any further attempts to leave the bedroom, there is to be no eye-contact, no speaking, simply lead the child back to bed and walk out of the room. We went through four times of the no talking stage and she no longer opened her door. So I was thrilled. However, when I went to check on her before bed, she again was asleep in front of her door, not on her bed. Oh well, we're getting there. Just another Fortner child misadventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(87)
-
▼
April
(10)
- Update....about everything. Sorry.
- TWO TINY HINIES
- First Holy Communion
- Well eating lunch was just too much for Olivia t...
- STOMACH FLU!!!!
- Well here's Miss OJ, sleeping on the floor of the...
- Thank Goodness for...
- Well so on Easter, after church I came home and ...
- OUR FOUR DAY WEEKEND
- I'M A BIG KID NOW!
-
▼
April
(10)


4 comments:
Great story. OJ looks so comfortable in the picture "not" her arm looks like it's broken. Oh how I can't wait till Makayla starts sleeping in a big girl bed. Joe
I love it! Lexi got new bunkbeds today, and when we stopped over so she could show us, J mentioned that they moved her toddler bed into Mason's room ... I told her he better check your latest blog entry before they decided to move him into that bed! :) The crib escape capability is bad enough!
Did someone shoot her with a tranq gun? She looks like Matt did a few times when I lived with him, but he was laying in front of his room due to different circumstances. I like the Super Nanny method, I think I will try it with the Maser if he doesn't respond well to this big kid bed thing (just started him tonight). Seems to have worked so far, but I am sure the morning will be a different thing.
Now I applied the "lock 'em in their room with a tommy-tippy doorknob. She mastered that in a couple/three weeks, then covered it with electrical tape so she couldn't hang on it to break it in two. She mastered opening it in two weeks. So hopefully you'll have peace and quiet, but I'd get used to shoving the door open and Mason asleep on the floor for a while. Good luck and the supernanny method works great. She seriously only opens her door twice sometimes only once, and then she only lingers in the doorway she doesn't come bustin' out to play. She knows its bedtime, just looking for a way to procrastinate. We can all relate to that.
Post a Comment