Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
Thursday, August 02, 2007
A SCARY EXPERIMENT
I was having troubles with Miss OJ minding and not getting into things (I know, I know, big shock) Anyway, I was on the phone with mom at the time and trying to deal with all the veggies I had just pulled out of my garden this morning. I was ready to blow my top with her whining. Mom suggests that I give her a butter knife an apron and set her to work cutting one of the twenty zucchini I had lying on my counter. It was scary to watch her wielding a knife so close to her cute little digits. But she loved every second of the twenty minutes it took her to cut one zucchini into slices or chunks. And she was content just to cut the one. She didn't get greedy and want to butcher over and over again, not that I would have minded. (keep in mind the excess of zucchini lying around in my kitchen). She cut the one, then wanted to go play kitchen in her kitchen. So off she went happy as can be. Moral of the story: even if giving a two year old a knife, and letting her hack and slice at veggies is scary, it is effective! Thanks Mom, I'm still learning stuff from you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Those pictures are priceless!! ...and the colors(primary)are amazing. Love that squinting-eyed OJ. Mom
Julia Childs... Eat your heart out!!
Auddy
Post a Comment