Friday, August 03, 2007

Update...

Okay I had an OB appointment last night, and all is well. Blood pressure is low as usual. I gained (GULP) 3 1/2 lbs. Which Geralyn said is probably due to water weight. I knew I liked her for some reason. It couldn't be the box of butterfingers I ate yesterday or the pints of Ben and Jerry's that although they are not very good on my digestive tract, are irresistible. My feet are feeling like they are going to explode from water weight, although they still look respectable. I am measuring less and less, the baby sinking further and further down into the pelvis. Yikes! that's why it feels like I'm being spread open like a chicken getting prepped for cooking. My hips and pelvis feel displaced, and really like all of the sudden.

Geralyn gave me a little hope for early relief. She was looking at me with concerned interest last night and asked " So how are you feeling, really?" I told her I'm good...for the most part. I like my upbeat attitude, but the days are like six hours too long. If I could end my day at three or four in the afternoon, I'd be golden. Unfortuneately, they don't. She said I have this look about me. I said Look? She said some women get this look when labor is imminent, and the other midwife agrees there is such a look. And apparently I have it. So whether that means I will deliver early or not, who knows. But something to keep me on pins and needles. Yeah. Oh and Em don't be afraid to call and ask how I'm feeling. Mom told me you were asking her. I'm not biting heads off... Yet! There's my update, I'm sure more that any of you care to know.

1 comment:

Emily said...

"She's got the look,na-na-na-na-na" You know the song. How exciting, Kari!!!And my kids loved to see OJ and the zucchini. Mads also has to help in the kitchen and she can do the silverware expertly. And chop bananas. Love to you and I will call you later to check on you.