Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Belated first day of school
Well its Sunday and I'm still at home, sitting at my computer able to blog about the boys' first day of school. Four days overdue. Anyway on to cheerier subjects. Sam did SO great on the first day of school. Woke at 6:15 with the aid of their alarm clock. Came up dressed and ready to eat breakfast. Jarrod made blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes. Sam devoured every last bit of his two giant pancakes, both chocolate chip, of course. He had all his gear ready, brushed his teeth and went to the bathroom in anticipation of the half hour bus ride. He even had a half an hour to kill and got to restlessly watch a cartoon, Spongebob of course.
Olivia was so excited to wake up, get dressed, eat and walk to the bus stop with the boys, mom and dad, who stayed home late enough to see Sammy off on the bus. He ran around the bus stop, playing like an old pro. He didn't look a bit nervous. And finally when the bus arrived he got in line and didn't even take a second glance back at his mom, dad, and sister seeing him off. So grown up. I didn't even have a chance to shed a tear. Sam showed me what maturing is all about. Its scary, and yet I was so proud of him. I, of course, worried incessently about him that day. I forgot to tell him to ask the teacher when he has to go to the bathroom, I hope he makes friends, Will he know how to get his milk for his cold lunch?
He came home with new friends to talk about, of course as little as possible. He for sure wanted to take hot lunch on Friday. And came home Friday raving about hot lunch. MMMMM! He's barely out of the gate, and already a Norris pro. Yeah for Sammy! OJ and I spent the time hanging out, which is great. So I wouldn't mind a few more days with just me and her. Really! Its too bad this one is coming right at her transition time. Bad timing. Oh well, a new adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
The picture made Ian want to ride the bus even more! The kids look great! Ian was ready for school today and just wanted to get there. I took him to his room for the first day, even though he wanted me to drop him at the door. He was a pro---went straight to his classroom without assistance, put his bag in his cubby and sat in his chair. It's too quiet here at home. Madsey has big plans (first we are going to play a game, then play in my room...) but decided to drink some milk and watch a show before speech therapy. I am painting the hall today as I primed it last night. ttfn,
Post a Comment