The few last days at home, as most of you can guess have been filled with our ups and downs. Saturday by far was the worst day. It saw me totally lose it with Luke and Max. Although they were deserving of getting in trouble, they received a far larger dose than recommended. They were biking in a field, they were not allowed to be at, and found a can or jug or something. Decided in all their wisdom, to ride their bikes over said container, only to have the pressurized contents explode all over their clothes. RUINED! I think this is the main reason I lost it. Max ruined his great pair of basketball shorts, and Luke his one and only pair of khaki cargos. The end of my world on Saturday. Luckily, Sam and OJ were well behaved and gave me no reason for despair. I cried a ridiculous amount over this travesty, mostly in the form of an apology to the boys for having totally overreacted. Bother, these hormones are something else. Sunday was blissful. Jarrod let me nap, made me coffee, started the laundry for the week, cleaned the kitchen as our father would have. He took all the boys to Luke's football game, then out to lunch/dinner at DQ after. They did showers and homework with me in the evening. OJ stayed home with me, we mostly read books and hung until her nap time where all three of us took a nice long nap, and woke refreshed and she was wild and hilariously singing every response. I love those days. When dad had had a bit of a rest on the couch, he took OJ to Walmart with him to do the weekly grocery shopping. They came home with our food and she was in a good mood after a little dinner. I promised my tired husband, when he got home from shopping, he could be master and commander of Wyatt (aka: nap with) while I would put groceries away and got OJ dinner, and some for myself as well.
Today Molly has OJ for the morning through lunchtime, then she will come home and all three of us shall nap again. Moms coming for the afternoon, Jarrod has to work late. So it should be another nice day. I must say my fifth child is coming along nicely. Wyatt woke at midnight and three in the morning to eat, only to fall right back to sleep, and me with him. We awoke to the 6:15 alarm this morning to help get the boys off to school. I haven't been tortured yet. I think we've got a keeper.

1 comment:
Oh Kari, what a story! Your oldest sound like they probably deserved what they got...you are a hormonal mom, but that was definitely a punishable offense! But, I wasn't there! Sounds like you are getting your rest and the OJ schedule rocks! Love you and talk soon! Emmy
Post a Comment