I know this is pretty gruesome, but Sam said he wanted me to take his picture. So... He was ramping with his bike, something they normally do IN the grass. However, they decided to move their ramp to the street. Go figure. He began in the driveway of our neighbor up the hill, came flying down the hill, ramped, his front tire dug in and our little Sammy flew face first into his bike's handlebars. Causing two of his front teeth to puncture his lip, hence the swelling. Then flew his hand into the asphalt, removing some skin and loosening two of his fingernails. That, luckily, is the extent of his injuries. It could have been so much worse. My heart was just broken for the poor little guy. But he did wake up in great spirits this morning. He didn't want to go to school, he seems embarrased by the fat lip, rightfully so. But Jarrod assured him he'd be the hero for his failed stunt. Like supercool. Yikes! "The chicks will dig it" Jarrod said. This is such a Jarrod thing to say. He's five for goodness sakes not fifteen, but whatever. Sam has the admiration of his brothers, and I'm sure by now the neighborhood. Another unfortunate consequence, the kids have their school pictures on Friday, so I'm sure his lip will forever be remembered in his kindegarten photograph. Jarrod thought that was pretty cool, too. Time will tell whether we lose any teeth which were loose, one has since tighted back up, the other not yet. Or whether we will eventually lose any fingernails. I'm thinking their gonna come off, but we'll see. Sorry to share such an awful event, but the shock has worn off and really its kind of cool how tough this kid is. His resilience is astounding. He'd probably be back on the ramp today after school, if I was gonna ever let them do that again. Which at least for now is not gonna happen.

1 comment:
Sam-your puffy lip looks funny and I hope you don't do it again, silly pooper. Ian
Post a Comment