
This is an excellent example of how my children feel about their weekend of busy, busy,busy. Friday nite we had the lovely Carley and Liam over while their parents were out on the town. Its one of our children swap weekends. They stayed up until 9:30. Which is 90 min past their bedtime. Plus they played like crazy people and were at school all day.
Then Saturday was going to be an ordinary day just hanging at home doin laundry and playing around the 'hood until my friends Jaimie and Eric Andreesen called to invite us to join them at Wagontrain Lake, where they were camping. So we went, it was a beautiful if only really windy day. We got out there at 2pm and stayed until 8pm. Got home and did speed baths and showers, and in bed. Seriously, I gave all the kids baths, in pj's, teeth brushed, kisses and hugs, in as long a time as it took Jarrod to walk Dixie around the block. Like fifteen minutes. I must have had some adrenaline pumping. Like I was on speed or something.
On Sunday we had to get up early to go to church, October for the Halls and Fortners is "DONUT DUTY" Which is soooooooo fun! Got home around 11:45, Kristin-Jarrod's sister and her boyfriend Mike came out with their Golden Retriever Lola and hung and socialized the dogs. When they left so did we. we went to Grandma Sheila's and ran them ragged, picked up pizza and went home.
I began a scarf this weekend and got pretty far, finally realized that the scarf was too wide for the yarn I was using, therefore had to pull out every stitch to start over. Luke was dismayed as he watched my unravel my handiwork. "Mom, why would you undo all your beautiful knitting?" No kidding that's what he said. God he's so sweet. So tonight I shall restart my knitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment