Friday, October 06, 2006

Housework be darned!

Molly and I and the kiddos were off on another adventure today. Yesterday we spent the whole day at Grandma Sheilas and it was great to see mom and talk and coffee and giggle and we didnt skip a beat. Last night was hectic, but ended very early for the kids, who at 7:30 were all in bed starting their dreams. They were a little tired, tantrums by all and the noise in my house last night was deafening. Really, it was one of those loud evenings where my ears began to ring from the constant loud noise. Isn't that incredible! I marvel at it. But the evening was spent alone, Jarrod was off helping one friend and another with various projects, so I was left to my own devices.

I made a blueberry pie after I got home from my mom's and never got around to trying it. Even made Jarrod stop by home to drop off vanilla ice cream to eat with the pie I made and never cut into. Instead I drank a large cup of coffee and like 100 ounces of water I swear and was so full and bloated, pie was an absurd thought. But the kids and I ate a small piece this morning and it was delicious. Baking the blueberry for a long time really makes it a nice consistency. Normally blueberries can be gritty.

So our adventure began at Michael's craft store. Now I'm not crafty and can't even pretend to be. But I'm on a renewal, a self-renewal and need to find things to do with myself. So I shall not jump into only one pool but five. I always overdo it. So I borrowed a book from mom. I haven't read in forever and we begin quilting at moms this week. I have all my blocks done, just need her help to put the thing together so it doesn't look too ridiculous. I also decided to buy a beginner crochet kit. I used to be able to crochet when I was like fourteen, my mom and grandma helped. And bought new yarn to knit a scarf. Which I anticipate I will actually finish by the end of winter of course!

Anyway I shall be very busy, can't let my husband have all the hobbies. I need to "get a life" My kids won't be with me forever. They too will start to get lives of their own. God is this a early midlife crisis. I sound so depressed. which really I'm not. Just determined. And I know I sound a bit like a seventy year old woman with all my knitting, quilting, crochetting. What can I say I'm a renaissance woman..He HEE!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive