Monday, January 31, 2011



Outside my window...it's turning out to be quite an interesting weather day.  Sleety, icy, snowy.

I am thinking...I really hope my children and husband make it home safely from their destinations of school and work.  And when they do I don't want them to leave for a long time. 

I am thankful for...the giant bag of apples I have sitting on my counter that will become a warm, delicious apple crisp tonight.

From the kitchen...I finally got it clean.  Pans washed(which is always a chore I'd rather never have to do and procrastinate on accordingly), dishwasher unloaded and counters cleaned off.

I am wearing...a periwinkle sweatshirt, black fleece pants, and my slippers of course!

I am creating...a new blog post of course!

I am going...to the post office once the inch of ice is removed from my van.  Must mail off my husbands tax stuff.  Bleck.

I am reading...I'm sad to report I have not read an actual book in a long time.  I need to pick up that hobby again as it brings me comfort.

I am hearing...the Care Bears movie that is on Netflix and Wyatt is watching while he wakes up.

Around the house...Dixie is laid out on the dining room floor, I have a basket full of laundry for my boys to put in their closet, and about 12 items that are laying on my bed in need of a hanger.

One of my favorite things...My new lotion from Garnier.  I finally bought myself some anti-aging lotion.  The wrinkles are becoming a bit more pronounced.  It's not that I'm not proud of my age and what I have accomplished in those years, I just don't think I want wrinkles so prominent on my face.  I did get carded this weekend....made my day.  Oh yeah, and some woman was so in shock that I had six kids, she just kept saying "You really look like 12!"  Then she would whisper that to the friend next to her.  I think I may have blushed.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Well with the weather coming in I think we shall hunker down, play some board games, play some Wii, watch some movies, and try to NOT get on one anothers nerves.  Wish us luck.




1 comment:

Sheila said...

Wonderful blog, wonderful and creative writing... Really enjoyed!!