My in-laws get the mention of the day. For my son Luke's birthday they asked him if they could take him out to dinner and shopping. Sure. He got his own special time with his grandparents, and he got to eat out. Bonus. They came home after Luke gorged himself on fried shrimp, french fries, coleslaw and a giant dessert, with a giant bag from Kohl's. I was a bit scared (read: feeling guilty) of what he was gonna pull out of that sack.
Grandparents are grandparents. And my husband's parents fit the bill. They will feed our kids rootbeer floats even if they haven't touched their dinner, because they can. You should see the haul my kids take home on Christmas, it's seriously shocking. They take their job as grandparents seriously.
So out of this big bag comes like four tops and three pairs of jeans and a zip-up hoodie. For a boy, that's a whole new wardrobe. I feel so guilty that my in-laws spent all that money on my child. Is that irrational? I'm really pleased for Luke, because its great for him to go pick out clothes and just have someone say okay. Instead of checking price tags and making sure its the right thing, which is what I do.
So THANK YOU to my mother and father-in-law for spoiling my Luke and making sure he's got some nice duds to wear to school. He will wear them out I'm sure.
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment