Wyatt got this game for Christmas. I purchased it at Barnes and Noble for a reasonable price. However, I'm sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere. But I am here to tell you that it is one of the single BEST purchases I made this holiday season!!Wyatt is glued to it when he's not outside or playing the Wii. OJ LOVES it. Even Sam has given it a whirl. These are kids spanning in age from 3 to 8. The box says 4 + but with a level 1 side its easy for a younger child to use.
The tanagram pieces are chunky and magnetic. They stay where they are put. The pieces have a neat side drawer where they belong. There are a lot of large cards with two sides. Level one cards outline each piece and where they belong. Level two is the same picture but without the outlines. Requiring a little more thought from the older child. The best thing is it's a self contained unit. There is a lift up flap where you store all the cards as well as use it.
If your young child has a birthday coming up I highly recommend it. One warning. My child Wyatt, who's three, loves puzzles in general. So this plays into his interests. If your child does not, this may not be the game for you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
3 comments:
Thanks for the recommendation Kari. We LOVE games here and I'm always looking for fun educational games for the kids. Have you ever seen any of the cooperative games? I've found a couple that we bought last year and have really enjoyed. I should post a list of games the boys and Keith and I have and enjoy. if you want a list e mail me and I"ll send one.
I'm not sure what you're talking about Sandra. Cooperative games? I've been on a real kick to purchase more educational games. Not only are they, well...educational, but I cannot stand playing chutes and ladders and candy land. BORING!
Try these links:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acooperative+games&keywords=cooperative+games&ie=UTF8&qid=1293901383
This is one of the boys' favorites and Joachim can even play.
http://www.amazon.com/BEST-OF-CHARADES-FOR-KIDS/dp/B002929K62/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1293901558&sr=8-12
http://www.amazon.com/University-Games-01427-Scavenger-Hunt/dp/B00065AQ12/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1293901617&sr=8-11
Let me know if the links don't work. We have Harvest Time & Granny's House. They're just low key. We mostly have competitive games. They love aggrevation, sorry, sequence...they also love memory, chutes and ladders and candy land, but I am not one who wants to play those same ones every single day, where you just roll and move. i think that's why the boys love charades and scavenger hunt.
Your kids are older though, so maybe the few I mentioned won't be a hit at your house :)
get on amazon and search "educational games for kids" and I'm sure you'll get a bunch to sift through :)
Post a Comment