Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Whats up...

 

Max had his First Holy Communion on Sunday. After many days of rainy weather Sunday cleared and became the warmest day we've had so far. It was also Corpus Christi sunday. Which in our church means a whole church procession through the town of Douglas, where St. Martins is, to several makeshift altars around town. Its a day to acknowledge our faith in a very public way. It was lovely and Max and his fellow first communicants were dressed great. Max thought the communion wafer tasted like cardboard, but was glad to have completed this rite of passage in our faith. Molly our sister, is the second grade CCD teacher, for all of you who didn't know this. Its great that my sister can teach my children at an important stage in their faith. We love you Molly you always do such a great job with the kids. The grandparents all attended and the altar society made a nice reception out of our usual coffee and rolls after mass. Later that evening we went to mom and dad's, Audrey and her gang were there too. The men, Tom and Jarrod, took the kiddos fishing at the pond. Sam caught an 11 inch bass. Then the clouds rolled in. The Severe Thunderstorm Warnings started popping up on the TV. Audrey went to retrieve the children and husbands when a large clap of thunder sounded. And OJ was back at mom's like a bullet. The first clap of thunder at night will send her running for our bed. Poor kid is about to be banished to a sleeping bag on the floor. I've heard of parents doing that. Don't misunderstand, I rarely allow children to sleep in our bed. I seem to be the one who gets the short end of the stick as far as sleeping. Already OJ has to sleep at our feet laying the opposite direction. She doesn't care. I do feel for her fear of thunderstorms, because as my family knows, as a child I was terrified of storms. I would regularly have nightmares about tornadoes taking my family and our house. I now have those nightmares again about my children. So for this season I'll let her in, next year its the cold shoulder. Sorry sweetie. I digress, I'm rambling.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily said...

I know parenting is tough, but feeding your kids to the wild hippos? That's no solution, Kari!

Blog Archive