Well so it rained in our neck of the woods for four days straight, which meant the kids were all in the house all the time. And worse yet our sump pump decided to take a break on the last night of rain. It quit working for a very important eight hours or so. So by the time the boys woke up the damage was done. The basement, the boys' dwelling was flooded. The carpet was all torn up and so was a large percentage of the drywall. It all just needed to come out. We have had a few minor flooding issues in the past four years that we've lived here, but this was by far the worst. On the positive side, I have kept my cool as has Jarrod. I'm usually pretty irrational in time of stress. And now I'm pregnant. It could have been really bad. But luckily we kept our heads and even giggled about it a little. Jarrod would rather be getting a root canal, than having to do jobs in the house this time of year. Tilling the garden, working on the garage, tinkering with cars, all good in this weather. Being stuck in the basement drywalling, boring! I think we will probably skip all carpet in the future. Mom and I thought painting the concrete and a few rugs down would be the best plan of action. But we'll see what "the bossman" has in store. Thankfully the skies have cleared and all is drying out. Although unbelievably there is still water trickling into our sump pump, that it has to pump out. Its amazing what 4 1/2" of rain amounts to.

1 comment:
Ooooh, yes paint or stain that concrete!! i dream of a patio out back with stained concrete. Plus, I'm all for no carpet. Especially where little boys dwell. Have fun and good job keepin your cool. Emmy
Post a Comment