Sometimes I do things to myself and after the fact I wonder what in the heck I was thinking. Really? Why? Today I did something....something I don't normally do. Now I know why I don't.
Don't get all excited, it's nothing too scandalous. I just like a big build-up (I'm laughing hysterically at all the build-up).
I went through Popeye's chicken drive-thru.
I can count on one hand how many times I have eaten fried chicken from a fast food chain, and only a couple extra fingers the amount of times I've actually ever eaten fried chicken. So why today? I thought for that fleeting moment it sounded good. It was the closest fast food restaurant and in fact I quickly jerked my car to make it in to the turn lane.
I ordered a two-piece meal w/ a side of mashed potatoes, cause of all the things I remember, I remember that I like their cajun mashed potatoes. I was set to totally enjoy this meal. WAS.
Then I took my first bite and wow that crap is greasy. I'm not a health fanatic, but I knew instinctively, or maybe it was the dripping grease slick on my hand, that this stuff was NOT good for me. Maybe even worse for me than I imagined.
But ingest it I did. And I know for a fact that I will be plagued with indigestion for the rest of the day. I'm also positive that I exceeded my daily needs of calories and therefore should only drink water the rest of the day.
See what food does to me? I know what I should eat. I know fruits and vegetables are good, and fats in excess are bad. But sometimes I waiver in my quest to lead a healthier life. Today is one of those waivery days, tomorrow will be better. Thank goodness I have no errands that will take me into Lincoln, and the nearest restaurant is a twenty minute drive.
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
5 comments:
You know you're getting older when...
Ha Ha, Rob used to love love love Popeye's and he still wishes he could love it, but it won't love him back. From the heartburn to the cha-cha's it just isn't worth it. Or if you order the spicy chicken and you feel the burn twice, if you know what I mean!
We live and we learn!
I love me some fried chicken and mashed potatoes :-) -Gina
Gina you crack me up! Now get back to work! Tick, tock goes the clock for you.
And Em its so true our bodies don't want the bad stuff and we can't bounce back from eating it like we used to.
You girls crack me up, old ladies bemoaning their indigestion???? So funny to read when your daughters are writing this stuff.
I never thought I would really have to worry about what I ate until I was maybe 50 or something....then I learned about hormones...LOL
I hear you Kari! Sometimes things like peanut butter recess cups are literally singing my name in such a beautiful melody....ahhhhh :-)
Post a Comment