Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween 2010

Oh my! Someone may need to come over and physically take all the leftover candy away from me! But what a blast we had!
I totally let go and let the kids be whatever they could be without having to buy anything but face makeup. We did good. Wyatt was a vampire, his choice, and he stuck to his decision. OJ was going to be a witch and then decided to be a "peace sign girl" whatever THAT is. Sam was going to be a football player, no wait poindexter the nerd, no wait a basketball/baseball/football player?, okay how about just a Roca Rambler baseball player. Phew! Max was a football player. Period. Luke was wearing camouflage all over with a grody, scary face mask on.
Seriously, for older kids, I love to go to Walmart and purchase cheap-as-sin face masks AFTER Halloween and plop those suckers in my bins. Then a year later, after I've totally forgotten what I bought, the kids freak out and swap and switch. Plus, you never see the body of costumes with the cold weather and the pesky coat wearing that goes on.
Seriously, I can only remember ONE Halloween since I've had children that was warm enough to go without coats. That's once in eleven years folks. So its always cold and its dumb to wear costumes no one can see, in my opinion. This opinion has evolved over years, I didn't always feel that way.

Notice Wyatt only had his face painted. He wore those clothes, with a coat, and a cape tied around the back. OJ wanted peace signs drawn all over her face/hands/every exposed body part, but we settled for three on the face. I also threw in pink/purple hair dye for fun.


These are the morning after. I let my kids stay home from school. They all woke around 8 am. Came up and since they weren't allowed to EAT their candy, they settled for sorting it. And in the midst they played mouse trap.
At this point none of my children had had baths, just face scrubs. Wyatt still had his black eyebrows. I got many private chuckles from the dark eyebrows.
Well til next year! Happy Halloween!












1 comment:

Sheila said...

Love the pictures. Who did those peace signs? Fancy.