I have many blessings, indeed, to be thankful for this year. I have a darling new baby daughter, well kinda new. She is an integral part of our wacky crew. She has such personality, and those eyes...well they zing you. My husband and I celebrated our 11th anniversary, which in my book is super awesome! I have five other children who are cute, handsome, hilarious, caring, tough, gorgeous, awe-inspiring, thoughtful and well they are MINE! Thank you God for all of these humans that I get to spend my daily life with.
Thanksgiving Day is always anticipated around here. I love this time of year.
But with the anticipation naturally comes the let down. Not let down in terms of disappointing holiday, but a hangover of sorts. I must forget each year how much work goes into preparing our family into going to these things. I am exhausted! I don't even cook a meal for this holiday, and yet I'm so tired. Bone-achingly tired.
Even though I know that Christmas takes at least three times as much effort I am excited for it as well. I will bake the cookies, make the cocoa, shop (which I loathe), and wrap and decorate. I will hopefully do it in a fashion that this particular holiday deserves.
Sorry if it seems I've been a negative nancy lately. I seem to have a bit of a cloud hanging over me lately. I think its the utter sleep deprivation that has plagued me since my sleep-sucker was born almost seven months ago. She has a deep-rooted necessity for her to wake at a minimum of twice a night. Minimum.
Sleep is vital to my life!!! With six kids I'm sure you can understand why.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment