I made a delicious and yet not-so-traditional pie for Thanksgiving. Well, two actually. The first was a coconut cream. Which was good, but really there is something about chewing on coconut. It takes forever and well it seems to get stuck in my teeth and throat, and seems more effort than delicious.
The second I got rave reviews on and I wasn't so sure about it, and it was tasty. It was also extraordinarily decadant. Peanut Butter Pie.
I made it with an oreo crust. I decided to make an oreo crust and I must admit that I wished I had bought the crust. So if made again that is precisely what I shall do.
1- 8oz. block of room temp cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter ( I used natural peanut butter which probably added more texture than the pie was meant to have, but turned out just fine.)
1 tub of cool whip
1 tsp vanilla
Whip together the cream cheese and sugar, add the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined. Fold in the whipped cream and plop it into the pie crust. Chill for several hours and it will be firm. That's it.
Enjoy!
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment