Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Adventures of Cicilia Grace!

Well Cici and I are trying to find our groove still. I recently made the decision to cease nursing, purely selfish reasons, but I thought a bonus would be that I would be able to for the first time in a year sleep through the night without her waking several times.

Wow! Sometimes I can be so delusional. I started her on some formula about two and a half weeks ago. I know for a fact she is not allergic. But she does get some horrendous gas from the stuff. I was going on the notion that since all of my other children started sleeping through the night consistently was around six months, longer for Wyatt who was solely breastfed but even with him it was only a feeding a night.

I have determined that she is getting used to formula, or her gastro-intestinal system is. She is also teething. She is almost seven months old, has two teeth, and you should see her top gums and their red bulginess! I just want those suckers to pop through. Put her out of her misery. Teething is causing fussiness, inability to sleep well, flushed cheeks, runny you-know-whats. Poor thing.

Cici has had several extremely rough nights, which means I have had some extremely rough nights. I have made it through. I workout on those days that I got more than three hours of sleep, and that helps a ton. I highly recommend exercise as a means of mood adjustment and energy level. Its my crutch. When all things considered not such a bad crutch to have.

I'm journaling all this so I will remember that she was a tougher baby. My mother-in-law always says we are so lucky! All things considered we are. My kids are all easy going and behave well in public, go to bed at decent bedtimes without much ado, they help out around the house (that one takes a little persuasion), and they like to play with each other.

This phase too shall pass and I won't remember what a stinker she's been in two months from now, I hope. So now I'm off to feed her some bananas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember her gas issues when you were here and she wasn't even three months yet...

I am just sayin' I think she has a more sensitive GI system breastmilk or formula. But formula is stinkier!!

Here's to more sleep for you and the fact that one day soon you will scarcely remember her wakeful times.
Emmy