Sunday, November 21, 2010

Update

It has been a long time since I've posted. My home computer is in desperate need of replacing...well the hard drive at least. So in order for me to blog, I need an extraordinary amount of patience. The amount of sleep I've been getting deems that highly unlikely. However, luck was on my side today. My husband has a spankin' new laptop that is quick as a lick, and he's working, so I've hijacked it! Hooray for me!

I cannot believe the holidays are upon us. Truly. I'm a bit giddy about the holidays. Two weeks ago while soothing a teething infant, I was humming "Silent Night" and my husband gave me the stink eye. "Seriously Kari, its not even Thanksgiving yet" to which I retorted, "Shub up husband!" So I'm ready for decorations, cookie baking, pie creating, soothing Christmas hymns. These are things that warm my soul. Don't they yours?

While speaking about my darling husband, I shall shout to the rooftops that yesterday was our 11th wedding anniversary. I am a proud woman to call him my husband (remind me I said that in three days when he does something to totally irk me, k?). We were just guppies, stupid, know-nothing guppies when we got hitched. We already had Luke, and were determined to make an honest family out of what we had. But we were stupid.

I think every person about to get married should be warned that the first five, six, maybe seven years kinda stink. Ours was blessed with many children, but that sometimes makes things more difficult. It did at times with us. But I think for Jarrod and I it was the ultimate blessing. Me always being pregnant was a glue of sorts. We joked about how our relative lack of money has stuck us together in ways that having money and no children never could have. We clung to each other during dark days, weeks, and months. We saw the light that shone from our family, and clung to it too.

So to myself "Happy Anniversary!" And to everyone else...get in the holiday spirit! Happy Thanksgiving! Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You guys, happy anniversary!! I never have kept track of all our wedding anniversaries. WTG!!

Christmas, so weird in FL. Ugh!