
Well today is me and Jarrod's seventh anniversay! Hooray, I never thought by age 29 I'd be married for seven years and have four children. The rest is how I imagined though and thats a pretty great thing. The kids and I went grocery shopping this morning, but other than that I really have been thinking about my relationship with Jarrod. He's great. That's it. He's great. Kind of goofy, and loveable, a roughneck/gearhead. Not at all whom I pictured I'd marry. I thought someone like my dad. Coat and tie, going to the office, respectable looking in every way. Jarrod is so the opposite. Padded flannels older than our marriage, comes home covered in drywall dust everyday, rough hands and a scruffy mountain-man beard. Would I trade him? No way in hell. Sorry I'm totally starting to tear up when I'm typing this. It's sentimental I know, but he's MY husband. Our neighbor died this weekend, Les, his wife passed earlier this year, and I thought how sad, yet how lovely that he followed her. Did he miss her? Did he love her so much he couldn't be seperated any longer? I know I'll miss him. He was 80 and had four kids three girls and a boy. I don't know I must be hormonal, but something I think about.
2 comments:
Les had a real broken heart. Happy Anniversary! On and on I went this morning talking about MY life and it's your anniversary. I wish I could keep up with all the dates, b-days, etc. Maybe one day. I have been telling myself that for over 8 years, maybe one day. Em
Oh Em you're so funny, its a grab-bag whose special occasions I remember from year to year. But no sorries. After all its not your anniversary. Don't forget that one. That would be bad.
Post a Comment