Day 1: Sam and pasta. Sam was helper #1. We made pasta with meat sauce, and a salad. Sam's job consisted mainly of chopping, chopping, chopping, with a side of "stir for me please." He did great. He had to take a couple breaks to rest his cutting hand as it seemed to be cramping. I appreciated that he was getting the cramps that sometimes come along with cutting all the veggies that go with building a salad. Bless him! All I really did was make sure the pasta was al dente, and stir the sauce ingredients together.
With Sam helping I was able to go outside and check on the remainder of my children to make sure they were within earshot and check on and play with Cici. Day one was a success.
Day 2: OJ and pizza. Yeah, I feel an Italian theme starting. Little known fact is that if I believed in reincarnation, I believe I was an Italian momma in my former life. This may help you understand my eternal love of all food Italian, and my determination to make great Italian food. In other words you will not find the green can of decimated Parmesan cheese in my fridge.
I digress....we were talking pizza. I had so much leftover meat sauce from the previous nights dinner, and 3/4 a roast chicken carcass. So pizza was inevitable. OJ helped me, well did most of it actually, she took all the meat off the chicken. She then ripped up all the meat into little bite-sized pieces. It took her 15 minutes, but it was done to perfection. She also helped with the crust. She kneaded the dough for 5 + minutes, and loved it. Maybe she was my Italian daughter?
Really this was a throw together meal, and if OJ was older she'd know she got gypped. All the ingredients were prepped already, beside the pizza crust. We had the leftover salad from the night before and washed grapes. Which FYI, my children ate their dinner and sat at the table and finished off the entire bag of grapes! This is what having six children is all about. Although I should leave Cici out of it, no grapes for her...yet! But the meat pizza and barbecue chicken pizzas were a hit, as usual!
Now I need to think about dinner for tonight. Wednesday nights are CCD nights and therefore usually we have breakfast for dinner or sandwiches and soup. I may take this one on my own. It will be less than grand effort.
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment