Cici is one month old, yesterday, can you believe it?!
Well maybe you can, but I sure can't. What a whirlwind. She's awesome, with a capital A. She's kind of made her own schedule, knock on wood, that I can loosely count on. Long nap mid-morning, long nap late afternoon, up after dinner until bed time (with a couple little post-nursing cat naps). She goes down for the night around 11/11:30, wakes at 4/4:30, almost like clockwork. Goes right back down after nursing, if I don't fall asleep on the couch with her, wakes up at 6, back down until 8ish. See? Like I said, she's Awesome.
The kids adore her, unbelievably Wyatt is her biggest fan. I only can think of one episode where he acted jealous. Wyatt was beyond tired, no nap that day, and he wanted me to hold him, but Cici was in my arms. He just hugged my leg and whimpered. Makes me sad just thinking about it. But I just lowered myself down and hugged him hard. He wasn't satisfied with that but I just walked him over to the book shelf and told him to pick one out for me and Cici to read to him. They both sat on my lap and somehow I managed to turn the pages and read, very clumsily. He was fine after that, well mostly.
OJ could smother her, she loves her so much. Luke and Max are always asking to hold her. Especially when they see me get done nursing. Its like a game on "not it!" I get her upright to burp her and a chorus of "can I hold her?" come bursting out from the room. So when they aren't off riding bikes or playing ball, or off with friends, they are here helping and I use and abuse their help. But to them they are just holding and loving their sister. Its a win, win! They don't even know I'm exploiting them to get a load of laundry switched, or folded, or the million other chores I need to get done in a day. Love it.
So all in all things are running pretty easy around here. I have moments of HOLY @%#$! Overwhelmed on occasion, but Jarrod's here for me, and has really stepped up. So besides the mess that overtakes my house by 9am everyday, life is swimming along.
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
1 comment:
What a SERENE background. Like it! As usual so fun to read your updates. Thanks for taking the time. Seems like we should be able to catch up while you're here but always busy commotion with everyone buzzing around. Love to you Kari, Mom
Post a Comment