Is it genetic? Is it the inherent difference between males and females? Am I just foolish to believe it could be different?
What am I talking about, you may ask. Well I'll tell you.
Why is it everytime I get to have an evening to myself, time to engage in conversations with people other than children, must I always come home to a mess? Why? My husband is totally competant. I've gone away on weekends, where when I come back, the whole house is picked up, dishes are done, heck he may have even done a couple loads of laundry. So why when I'm gone six hours and come home, every room is in disarray.
I got home really late last night, 12:30am, so too late to do anything about the state of my house. I walked in and the first thing to hit me was the smell. BAM! Something burned or was still burning. P......U......! I go to inspect in my filthy kitchen, and there they were....three, THREE sheet pans full of bacon grease. My first question is, why was my husband cooking three sheet pans of bacon? Minus me, there were only six people here, two of which don't particularly care for bacon. This was a huge concern, HEALTH concern. I have seen with my own two eyes, my husband eat half a package of bacon in one sitting, and then get up and look to see if there was anymore left! My second question was, he couldn't scrape the darned things? Couldn't bring himself to try to clean up after himself? When I'm NOT pregnant I hate the smell of sausage and/or bacon cooking in my kitchen, along with anything fried. It never happens in my kitchen. I saute, I do NOT fry! But it just so happens I AM pregnant, which makes me extremely sensitive to smells, especially greasy, nasty, pungent smells. I was a little peeved.
There were two laundry baskets sitting on my dining room table. One had all the stuff sitting on my bed when I ran out of the house earlier that afternoon. One remaining package of toilet paper, some paperwork from getting the kids' shots on Thursday, and some other misc. items. The other basket was full of DIRTY clothes. It annoyed me. Now in all honesty I have been known to pull this stunt, but for some reason when I do it, it annoys me, but I know I did it. When my husband does it, I thought to myself, Why couldn't he have put those baskets in the closet? Would that have been so difficult? Hmmmmm....come to think of it, it may have annoyed me because of the whole kitchen thing.
The living room was cluttered. Don't get me started on our toy room, that room almost made me sweat. But all, well all but the kitchen, paled in comparison to Wyatt and OJ's room. Whoa! I think they dumped out the car and fisher-price buckets, tossed in a few barbies, handful of barbie clothes, dashed in half the dress-up container, sprinkled on a box of go fish cards, and VOILA! a total disaster. So needless to say this morning has been filled playing catchup with all this. I got all the pots and pans washed, kids cleaned their rooms, I tidied the living/dining rooms. No we're starting from scratch.
I ask you....WHY?
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
1 comment:
Oh no! i AM WITH you 100% on the bacon/sausage grease issue, pregnant or not, but definitely more when pregnant. Rob constantly puts the stove on too high and ends up smoking out the house with the grease smell which I regret and fume about for days after the meat was consumed. I cook it lower and slower, but i think he just wants his pork ASAP. Which has disastrous results. Since I am a SAHM again with no family nearby and most of my friends work, my solution is to never go anywhere. Then the house stays somewhat clean. Not a real solution. Ha!
Post a Comment