Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BOOKS

I don't know if the sun coming out from perpetually gray skies that has lifted my spirits....But my mood is lighter than it has been in weeks. I got out alone to the grocery store yesterday, which is another near miraculous feat. Today Wyatt, OJ, and I made our way to Gere Library. We normally pick our books from the limited few on the Bookmobile, but in determining when the bookmobile would be back in Panama, I discovered that its parked for a while for repairs and whatever other nonsense they wrote on the website.


So as I was saying....the library. It was GREAT! The kids loved it! I loved it. I picked up books I've been wanting to read to the kids. And we shall read them for the next three weeks until I'm so sick of them I want to puke. I picked up a couple Jackie Urbanovich books for Wyatt. "Duck Soup" was recommended by the Pioneer Woman, and a follow up "Duck" book. I then let Wyatt pick out a movie, he picked a "Thomas" movie. Cool. For OJ I picked up the first three of the "Mercy Watson" books. My niece Madeline has been a fan for a while. They are chapter books, and take a while to read, but OJ's head is glued to my shoulder while I read these books. So I must keep reading them of course. The funny thing I notice about her is, her head lies on my shoulder for almost the entire book, unless there is duo of pages withOUT pictures. Then her head raises and she intently watches my face and reading mannerisms. Just observes. I hope she's storing the love of reading I have in her internal memory, something she can one day share with her son or daughter. Isn't that what this is all about?

Wyatt is totally in love with his books, OJ's in love with hers. Winner day!





3 comments:

Sheila said...

What a fun blog! You're getting really good at importing pics etc. I loved the picture of Duck Soup. So glad to see you today.

Kari F. said...

I know! I feel like I can actually put another notch in my belt!

Emily said...

We still love Mercy and the gang. Makes me want buttered toast. Mmmmm! I too want to check out the duck books. Thank goodness for this new baby so I can keep getting all the cool books. Just a while ago I was thinking I might have to purge the baby books since Madeline is now a reading fool, too. But now I think I just need another bookcase!I love the pics too!