
I missed Post 200, but 202's pretty close!
In other news, Luke and Max and Liam wrapped on their football season with the Hickman Screaming Eagles. They were division runner-ups and won their friendship bowl vs. Plattsmouth 36-14. They all did great. And though they may wish to continue playing, I don't think any of us will miss the two a week practices and weekend games. Its a huge commitment, and am glad of the time it frees up for the kids to well just be kids.
I have been a canning fool, with lots more to come. My neighbor has introduced me to pressure canning. It takes like 15 minutes start to finish, instead of 85 minutes. Its awesome. I think my water canner will make a nice planter. Just kiddin'. I probably will still need to use it when the pressure canner is being used by its owner.
I've already got a freezer full of cherries, and apples thanks to Monica. A few gallon baggies of peaches thanks to Molly. Now I'm going to have jars full of pears thanks to my neighbors mom. Its a ton of work, but I know in February, March, etc. I'll be really happy to have made the effort. For anyone who needs info on canning I found the best website. They illustrate each step and its this old couple. It cracks me up, but is so informative. www.paulnoll.com/Oregon Visit it, you won't be disappointed.
7 comments:
The picture of Wyatt freaks me out! It reminds me of the time me and Emily sat in a dresser innocently playing barbies, when the whole dresser fell over and trapped us beneath it! True story for all you young sibs that didn't live on Danbury Rd. Molly
I'm still wondering about Emily's blog! I hate being left in limbo land. It's really fun to take guesses though:) She's either pregnant, pondering being a foster family or maybe Rob got layed off and they have to move home! Molly again.
LOL... We are soooooooo BAD! I totally was thinking the same scenarios.
I hate you canning poeple, I will I had the time but I will still be buying all my produce in cans...yeah! NOT.
I love that little boy... atleast he is in your undies, fascinated already!
Talk soon- AUD.
Uh, I too had a traumatic moment, but mine was with mom's pie cupboard. I was swinging on the door of the cupboard. And lo and behold the darn thing fell on me. I was trapped in the middle shelf area. I remember Dad lifted it off of me and I got one of only two spankings I can remember. Thanks Dad. Scarred for life.
I totally remember that night!!!
Aud
I remember being trapped in the dresser on Danbury Rd!! I hope you are all not too disappointed that none of the scenarios were true...i was just having a mid-thirties cycle fluctuation and really thought I was prego. Oh, no, just a 55 day long cycle.
In fact emily, we were all truly disappointed. But that's life. Another Broyles baby would have been awesome.
Post a Comment