Monday, March 28, 2011

Recipe Time

Corn and Black Bean Salsa
(As adapted from Bush's black bean can)

1 cup frozen, fresh, or canned corn
1 can black beans
1 bell pepper any color will do (two peppers is better), diced
1/2 cup red onion (red onion because of color, but any onion would be fine, plus I LOVE red onion)
1 lime juiced
4-5 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar (although I'm sure most vinegars would work except apple cider)
3 T. olive oil
Giant handful of cilantro (this really is important for flavor)
1/2- 1 tsp. red pepper flake or a jalapeno chopped very finely
salt and pepper as needed

You could also chop up some tomato if you have some fresh, it would be delicious.

This is great!  We eat it with chips, but I especially love to put lots on top of a salad.  It's super fresh and yummy.  Try now!!

Side note:  I found a five pound bag of Birds Eye sweet corn in the Wal-Mart frozen vegetable aisle, and it is the best sweet corn.  It is however taking me forever to use it up and I fear it will be frost-burnt before I can use it all, so try to find their smaller bag of sweet corn.  I just put the corn in a colander and run it under warmish water to take the frozen out. 

No comments: