Friday, March 04, 2011

Giant Ball, Tiny Hoop




This is Wyatt at 8 o'clock this morning.  He was dressed and begging to go outside to play basketball.  How cold was it this morning?  I knew he'd get out there and turn around and come back in.  However, I am NOT one to discourage my children from playing outside and getting some exercise and energy released.  No Sir!  So I obliged him and put his shoes, coat and hat on.

I released him to our driveway, and I proceeded to get busy with Cici doing my task of the morning.  Well not ten minutes later I hear the back door open.....quiet.......back door open again and shut again.  I get up from the bottom of my children's toy box and go to see.  He HAD come in, but only to get his mittens on and turn around to go back out.  I was so impressed!

By the time I came back into the dining room Cici was glued to our dining room window.  She was pointing and laughing at Wyatt playing.  We stayed there for a while, and this is the perch from which these action photos were snapped.  He is so good.  I'm not just saying that as a proud of her child mama.  He is really good.  Really!

He has small balls that would be much easier to lift, toss, and throw, but he has a love of actual basketballs.  He's the youngest boy determined to show up his big brothers.  Sometimes he does, but they praise him and shower him with "Way to go's!"

I think I know it all when it comes to my kids and their doings.  Today Wyatt proved me wrong, he stayed outside not five or ten minutes, but for just over an hour.  What a boy!  Spring's coming, I feel it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! He has got the moves for sure!!!

Aud