Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Cicilia and Dixie

Cici loves, loves, loves our dog Dixie.  She is the hunter, Dixie is the hunted, the unwilling prey.  Dixie is going on 5 years old and has had to endure her fair share of babies that love to climb her, pull her hair, get little fingers shoved in her mouth, etc.  I think now she's just plum tired of it.  She sees Cici crawling towards her and takes off for the hills.

Recently, however, I've discovered that as much as Dixie does not want to interact with Cici, she will endure it if it means she can lay on my lap and get some love from me.  I am rarely affectionate with the dog.  Most of you who know me, know Dixie mostly annoys me.  The hair, the smell, are all things that I would vanquish from my home if given the chance, if it wouldn't devastate my children.  So Dixie gets to hang around shedding all of her hair all over my house. 

So I call Dixie to me while I sit on the ground.  She lays there obediently.  Lays there while Cici climbs, crawls, pets, pats, hair pulls, to her little hearts content.  We play this several times a day, and from the video can't you tell why?  Cici gets so exuberant while playing with Dixie.  I am a mother who cannot help but do anything to hear those squeals of delight.  So if I must pet my smelly, hair-shedding dog I will.  A mother does what a mother's got to do.

No comments: