Also made the mistake of asking my husband what he would like for dinners this week, seeing as I will be wanting to be cozy and cooking. He replied with the usual suspects: Chili/cinnamon rolls, tonight we're serving Chicken Parmesan and pasta, with a salad. Although my headache is zapping all my cooking energy. Also I will be marinating and cooking a brisket probably for Wednesday's menu. Its kind of nice when my week is planned, menu-wise. It takes a lot of energy to think of new things, and I like to try new things and make my kids mature their palates. I also plan on a turkey meatloaf with roasted root veggies and squash. Sweet potatoes, small red potatoes, carrots, red onion, butternut squash and a little olive oil and most likely a dash of Italian seasonings of some sort. MMMMM!!
I took a bit of a break in my blogging. I had to save my post til the next day. So here we are on Tuesday, in the thick of the snow storm. Probably 10" already on the ground. The boys are out for round two. The wind is blowing so hard, but do they care? Ummm...NOT! They would stay out for hours and hours. OJ and Sam are in total veg-land on my bed watching cartoons. Wyatt's napping, Jarrod's making the chili, I'm waiting to finish the cinnamon rolls. I may come out the other side of this snow storm 5 lbs heavier, but its so cozy and lovely in my house.
Turned on Country Christmas music channel on my TV. The Judds are singing "Winter Wonderland" Really does it get better?
Sometimes I swear my posts are so random, I think I had a more clear vision of this entry last night, but its long gone now. Ah well.
3 comments:
I love snow. I love winter. I love cooking. I love my boys & my man. I hear ya girl! :-)
We are chili & cin roll people too. And yes, the Judds may sound nice, but it does get better-Bing Crosby baby! :-)
I became a country girl the second i married my man. It makes me giggle to think about that. But its so true. I'm a redneck's wife. But I would have to say Kenny Roger's would be a little better on my country-o-meter.
Oh, I love country; George Straight is one of my favorites. But I have a thing for Crooners; Keith has one of those voices and I've always loved listening to Frank, Bing etc. :)
Keith and I used to go country dancing all the time before we had kids. For some reason we have not done that on date nights. I need to keep that in mind!! ha
Enjoy the snow!
Post a Comment