Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Next recipe suggestion

I fiddled with yet another Pioneer woman recipe this evening. I made whats titled as Marlboro Man's SECOND favorite sandwich. It was VERY tasty. Its basically a chicken and bacon and cheese sandwich. Very simple. The only downfall was it asks you to cook your bacon in a skillet and I'm not crazy about the fact that this simple action makes my house smell like bacon for the next three days. We usually cook our bacon in the oven on a sheet pan. Ah well, the family enjoyed it, mostly. The recipe also calls for the use of lemon pepper seasoning on the chicken. None on hand, so I simply squeezed half a lemon on my chicken breasts (total 1/2, not 1/2 on each) and used Misty's seasoning, but I'm sure Lawrey's would work equally as well. Very good, very bacon-y, and the lemon did add a yummy something to the sandwich. Also I added some dijon mustard to my which was YUMMY. Jarrod added some BBQ. I served mine with a side salad and milk for the kiddos. VOILA! dinner was served.

Make this sometime for your bacon lovin loved one, and you'll be aces in their book!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Sheesh, can you really go wrong with bacon and cheese...yum! :-) I laughed though because I love it when my house smells like bacon...okay maybe not for 3 days, but at least the day we cooked it! :-) One thing that helps is opening our kitchen window. Of course at my size now I don't get cold doing that...you still might :-)

Kari F. said...

Sandra, we both are still tiny cute women ;). I do open windows, and then I scrub my floor with vinegar water, and the stove too. I'm like compulsive about getting the smell out. And sure enough I woke up and my kitchen STILL smells like bacon. I think I may have to bake cookies to cover up the smell.

Anonymous said...

Lovin your posts, especially about your picturesque decorating day. We just had the same scenario on Sunday. The kids love to decorate but really do turn it into a contest and you with 5 kids, that must be multiplied! How are you feeling by the way? Talk to you soon! Em