I know I just blogged, but I had one of those thoughtful moments about one of my children today. A momentary catalog of all this child's positives and negatives. I was blown away by how many positives there are, and how few negatives. You all may not say it, but we all think it. We have children that are "difficult" or "temperamental" or ones with attitude. Grouchy or moody. This child just does not fit that bill, most of the time. It suddenly dawned on me today. I'm sure I am aware daily of his ease, but tonight while lying on the couch reading a good book, this child started trying to take a blanket off his sister. Teaser. OJ was not letting it go, nor should she have to. I simply looked at this child and said "Why don't you go get the blanket Grandma made you off your bed and bring it out here?" He looked and me and blinked and said with great enthusiasm "OOOO-kay!" Ran straight to his room and grabbed it, jumped on the couch and snuggled under it next to his dad. So easy to talk down, negotiate with, all around easy. I was startled all of a sudden. I looked at my husband, and said "he's just so agreeable, isn't he?" Jarrod looked at me and said "yeah he really is."
He keeps himself busy, for a long time. Keeps me busy in the kitchen. He's my two year old sidekick. I took pictures of him today sitting in his favorite perch. The corner pantry. Literally loving the fact that I had organized it and there was more room for him in there. Stood at the counter while I made cookies today, I look over and he's slobbering all over the spatula I was NOT done using. Totally happy, totally unconcerned that I still had bowl scraping to do. What a baby.
I say that, and am saddened that soon he'll look like a giant. Once this tiny little baby jumping around inside me is born, Wyatt will dwarf him/her. He will automatically become a big boy and not my baby anymore. This always saddens me, and I reflect on it each time, but still. So in tribute to one of the best kids I know. I love my Wyatt, my Wybob, Wy-Wy, bubba, chubba-linka and all other names this poor child has. Wyatt Rocks!
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
2 comments:
What a sweet post!
He truly does rock. He melts my heart every time.
Post a Comment