Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A BUTTERFLY FUNERAL

 

OJ and Sam were having a blast checking out and playing with a lame butterfly, lame as in it couldn't fly off. Well needless to say I think they were less than gentle and so the demise of the butterfly. Alas, Sam prompted a butterfly funeral. He told OJ to climb onto our well and they buried the butterfly under the dirt. Put a stick in the shape of a cross on top. Sam then said "Let's pray" they both bowed their heads and said silent prayers for the butterfly now in butterfly heaven. I was starting the grill at the time and silently and slyly watched the goings-on. I was so touched. I ran to get my camera and at least capture a bit of the moment, even if the moment had past. I swear I need to chain my camera to my hip.

No comments:

Blog Archive