Friday, September 21, 2007

One month old... well almost

 
 
I thought I'd update Wyatt's progress. He is doing amazingly well. Firstly, he's definately a Fortner. The outdoors calms him, and stimulates him. I took him and the other kids to Luke's football practice at the Hickman Park last night. He loved it. The breeze, the sounds, the shadows and sunshine. Even the loud trains passing almost every fifteen minutes didn't upset him. I'm sure he'll be a dirty little grubby boy soon enough. I can't wait. He's awake every morning when we send the boys off to school, and for all the hubub getting them ready for school, and he wakes in the afternoon just in time for the boys to come home. Its really adorable. He loves those brothers a lot. OJ seems to be getting a bit better, or we're having a good day ( hard tellin'). She was never anything but loving to Wyatt. She loves on him all the time and calls him "my Wyatt", but as for her behavior she has been a bit of a handful. She's always been stubborn and strong willed, but lately holy crap. She's downright tough to handle somedays. Wyatt is sleeping well, not giving me too much grief in that department. His fussy time is still from 7 to 9/10 most evenings. Heck, I'm fussy during that time period most evenings as well. Its tough getting my boys to bed by nine let alone their bed time at 8for Max and Sam, 8:30 for Luke. Schedule, what's that? So as much as I thought adding number five would kind of just blend, its been a touch harder than I anticipated. Jarrod has been awesome. He is stretched a little thin these days. Work got really busy as we had Wyatt, add to that Luke and football three times a week, and my list of to-do's and his list of to-do's. Yikes ! He's a tough guy and truly a great Dad. And a final note to my almost OLD brother, HAPPY BIRTHDAY J! We love you and miss you.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Emily said...

As Madeline says, "Ohhhh, he's tute (cute)" He is so Fortner. The belly, the knees, so adorable. He's looking "old" and definitely less fragile. I just want to feel his soft little head and give him a good sniff. Do that for me, okay.

I can't believe you are rooting for a hurricane evacuation. That is sad, Kar!

Kari F. said...

Well I would tell you the conversation mom and I had about the potential tropical storm, but you would really be ashamed of us. Tee Hee!

Robert Broyles said...

I believe that your son should be done back hand spings by now. I am very disappointed. How are we as a family supposed to rule the world if we got all these kids laying around all the time.

Robert Broyles said...

tell luke congratulations on his football team winning.

Emily said...

Audrey alluded to notions of what you and mom were discussing. I don't want to be cursed, but I too have thought of that as one way of getting rid of a house. Too bad we are just too far from the coastline and the only way that would happen would be the 100-year storm.