Thursday, February 15, 2007

We're back!

 
And this is how we are all feeling after the long day of travel yesterday. I'm rejuvinated since not really having to do any housework for a week. So I've been a Texas tornado today. Jarrod and his work gang are currently at my dining room table stuffing their faces with lunch, since working in our neck of the woods. OJ is already napping, gave up on lunch and said "Mom, I'm tired, go to bed?" Ummm okay. Sam is soon to follow. For all family members who have been regrettably forgotten we are having a birthday to-do for the big two year old on Saturday at 1:30. So eat lunch, then get your bods over here.

Florida was great and I miss the Broyles so much already. Its great having family that you never see, going to their house and really feeling like its your house too. It amazes me how we don't skip a beat, and I'm rummaging through her cupboards and checking(aka snooping) things out. Em was so gracious and loving and my kids are so exhausted, but Sam was so thrilled to do all the things he did. He'll never forget. I loved being immersed in my niece's and nephew's life. They are so Rob and Emily. Madeline is like a firecracker, so much like my own little girl. They were like peas and carrots when they weren't arguing over us mommas. "My momma... no my momma." Both pointing to their different mommas. It was cute the first hour they did this. Thankfully it was only on our car trips. A million knock-knock jokes were told and retold. And retold. But all the more fun for the kids. It was great seeing Roberto. He is truly missed, and truly a great father. Those kids are so lucky they should have another! HeHe. He is a masterful storyteller. Persuaded me to go out and buy the book Julius, by Kevin Henkes (Gina and Christa, I suggest for you as well with all our new arrivals) a book about a girl with unbridles jealousy over her family's new addition, Julius. But Rob reading it had me in stitches. He should really record it for the author. I was shoving kids out of the way to look and see the pictures as Rob was reading. It was great!
I was glad to see all my older men, they showered me with not one, not two, but three boxes of chocolates for Valentines Day. Me and baby and kids thank them so much. It's good to get back in the routine and back to the normal. Finally thank you Emily, Ian, Madeline and Rob, for being our Florida guides. We miss you already. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emily said...

OJ! We miss you all too! It's kinda boring after a week of visitors. It was a little scary how you all just eased into our routine! Madsey keeps telling me "I want OJ to play NOW!"

I still have to fill everyone in on the fun we had and especially the stories of OJ and her weiner/wein-uh.

Anonymous said...

Oh how you captured that day-after-travelling feelin! Cute. Love the stories. Mom

Blog Archive