Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer '12

Summer has begun.  In. Full. Force. 

We've packed in baseball games galore, swimming, a little camping, a movie, a birthday, and finally several injuries and ailments. 

Life is rarely dull when you're parenting six children.  We had an unusually healthy school year.  I've always been in the habit of making my school children wash their hands seconds within walking in my door.  Not sure if that's responsible for the healthiness, but I'm patting myself on the back believing it is.  So it shocked me when the first week of school was plagued with fevers, strep throat, and pink eye!  What?! 

We also are seemingly accident-prone.  Wyatt got thwacked in the eye with a baseball, leaving a great shiner.  OJ had an unfortunate bicycle accident, resulting in a trip to the ER.  Sam received a pocketknife for his birthday, as is tenth birthday tradition around these parts, and promptly sliced his thumb clean open the next day widdling a chunk of wood.  *sigh* 

I'm taking a new stance on summer.  While I long for lazy DAYS, I'll settle for lazy mornings.  Baseball and softball still rule the days mostly, rule our life right now really.  We eat a whole lotta meals on the go.  I long to cook nice meals for my family, and do when I get the chance.  I don't want the fact that I nhave six kids to stop me from doing things with the WHOLE family.  Cici is much more mobile and capable.  We'll camp.  We'll make messes that we won't be able to clean immediately.  I want my kids to laugh a lot, and fight less (this one may be more wishful thinking).

Lots more adventures to come!

No comments: