I started thinking about our garden this morning. I mentioned the fact to our husband that we're not going to have strawberries this year. To which he replied he had that under control. Then we began discussing the upcoming raspberry harvest we should have this summer as opposed to our plants' first year of growth and subsequent harvest.
This got me remembering the fact that from the entire summer I had somehow managed to control myself, Wyatt, Cici, OJ, and Max to NOT eat precisely one and a half cup of raspberries. Which I quickly washed and froze. The small amount has deterred me from doing anything with them.
Refreshing my memory this morning spurred me into action! I threw those bad boys, along with some strawberries and frozen wild blueberries into a smoothie. Wow! Even with everything else in the shake, those raspberries shone brightly! I love them so.
Hurry summer. I want more beautifully ruby raspberries.
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment