Thursday, December 08, 2011

A few things I ponder having had six kids...




Me in 2nd grade

Max

This is the child I think most resembles his mother.  A lot of my children have a LOT of Fortner/Gillen genes to 'em.  Jarrod and I make for fun combinations, truly.

Most people look at me and my sisters and immediately comment on the resemblence.  I look at some of my children and can't believe they come from the same gene pool.

Luke
Luke and Max are incredible examples of the differences.  Of course I have no pictures of them together because they are in the stage of despising one another, and have been for the past 10 years.  *sigh*

As much as Luke and Max don't look similar, as they age OJ and Luke are growing to look more and more alike, much to their dismay (This is another duo not likely to win a three-legged race, or enter one for that matter).

Wyatt and Sam have many similarities, but I think these stem from their mannerisms.  They act so alike sometimes it's freaky.
Olivia

Not sure where I wanted to go with this post, but this subject is in my mind often enough I had to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice family photo, that would help us see the similarities. Or differences. I happen to think there is a strong look that ties your kids together. Much like people always could tell we were a "Kuchta" I bet your kids hear they HAVE to be a "Fortner". you are too close as the mom. Emily

Kari F. said...

HA! I beg to differ! A family photo? That'll be the day!

Anonymous said...

I will FORCE you all to gather by a tree so a FAMILY pic can be taken!!!
Love the post and they truly ALL look like "Fortners"...and I LOVE them all to pieces!

~ Auntie Auddy