Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wyatt

4:01 am, August 23, 2007.  I wake to that feeling, that cramp.  I had never gone into labor before, but undoubtedly I knew this was it.  I was due August 15th.  I hung in there, knowing it would happen....eventually.

I went about my morning routine, getting my three boys ready for school.  I called my sister Molly, told her what was going on.  She was going to be in charge of OJ for the day.

 Jarrod and I left after the boys were gone and we ran errands, all the while I'm timing and thinking it's going to be any minute.  He was my fifth after all, it could've gone super fast.  It didn't. 

So we ran our errands and putzed and went to my mom's where we met back up with Molly, her hubby Steve, and OJ.  Hello, again!  We hung there for a while and then decided to head of to St. E's for admittance.
It went smooth, but I didn't end up having Wyatt until 6:30 that evening.  No problems, no complications, just a lot of pain and sweat.  Then bliss.  He was lovely, of course.  I was in heaven. 

I had him at the perfect time, in my opinion.  Having a baby in the early evening is the BEST.  After a decent nights sleep, with plenty of time to enjoy the baby before you're too tired.  In fact I liked it so much Cici was born just after 5:30 in the afternoon as well.  I'm good like that.

Anyway, Wyatt is the best kid on the planet.  He's so funny, and kind.  Gentle and tough.  He's at that age though, the age of transition.  He won't be little for much longer.  Four is the age they are able to do so many things, they need you less and less.  I still have two years at home with him and for that I'm thankful.  Although he could go to Kindergarten right now and pass with flying colors.

I could blather on all day about how Wyatt is the best EVER, however we have places to go and fun to have!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE BUBBA!!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Love you Wyatt! And love you, his Momma! A beautiful story.