Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's about to get a whole lot crazier around here

Wow!  I can barely find time to devote to blogging, my family journal, life has been CUH-razy around these parts. 

Since my last post we fell into a post-wedding coma.  Seriously.  I was so exhausted from the week preceding Jarrod's sister's wedding that I fell apart.  I started with cold symptoms, mainly a very sore throat.  This culminated in an evening sitting in my car with my arms wrapped around myself, shivering to death.  Okay, not to death, but man those were some miserable hours spent trying to stave off the chills.  Oh, did I mention this happened at my boys' baseball games?  Needless to say I was not out cheering in the stands.  Poor kids probably felt like I didn't love them.

I took them directly to McDonald's after.

I totally bypassed Cicilia's first birthday, which occured on Mother's Day.  She's awesome.  The end.

On Mother's Day I was well, a mother.  Since I shared my holiday this year, well let's be frank, it's never a holiday, I spent the day preparing food and in general running around like crazy.

This past weekend was Sam's 9th birthday!  Okay, it's getting ridiculous how old my children are.  It needs to stop, well at least slow down.  Right?!

It makes me sad, and I have misted up on a few occasions lately, when the fact that my kids are growing up and soon to be out of the nest hit.

I have a niece and nephew celebrating their 15th birthdays this month.  This gives me a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. 

Now school is out, officially out for summer.  Although really the kids and teachers, it seems, have been mentally checked out for a couple, three weeks.  We have lots of baseball, swimming, library, games, and a small family vacation planned. 

I look forward to family coming home to visit.  And watching the fun in my own yard. 

I am NOT looking forward to the fights, seeing over of chores, and my own chores.  Bleck.

So whether I blog or not will depend on my time, as I'm sure there will be plenty of material TO blog, but whether or not I have the time or inclination to do it.

I'm ready, if not mentally, for summer to commence. 

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Love it!! Your sharings, of course. Now you know why birthday cards were full of my memories of that particular child and a few tears too.