Friday, February 25, 2011

We're famous! Well, okay, not really.

This was OJ and I on her birthday, at her school, eating breakfast and reading books.  Love the grainy photo?  You should.  It's from her Kindergarten newsletter.  No, we weren't the only one's highlighted, but it's something special for me to be captured in pictures as I am usually the one behind the lens of a camera.  I got to capture these as much as possible. 

My girl is now 6.  I still remember when she was born, like it was yesterday.  I was laughing so hard, I started crying, we never, NEVER thought a girl was in the cards for us.  Let alone now two!  She is tough as nails, which I both love and loathe.  There's something fantastic about raising an independent, self-starter.  However, now that I have one, there's something to be said for meek, quiet, wall-flowers too.  Just kidding.....kinda. 

She gives her father and I a run for our money everyday.  But as tough as she is, she is equally lovable and affectionate.  She sings like a canary, now amped thanks to a karaoke boom box given to her on Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa.  Jarrod rolls his eyes when she sings and performs, I however, love every second and want to encourage this in her.  Not because I plan on finding her an agent and making her famous, but because that is how I spent my youth.  My sisters and I sang, and sang.  Audrey and I especially had the singing bug.  We danced and performed all the time on our basement coffee table that doubled perfectly as a stage.  Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond were our fodder for inspiration, just as Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are OJ's. 

She involves herself fully in what she does, and who cannot appreciate that?  I realize her birthday was a week ago, but better late then never to toot my daughter's horn.  TOOT! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Emmy

Sheila said...

Just so wonderful. Makes me teary to read. Isn't life great, around and around it goes. I love seeing my daughters (and sons) getting to enjoy what I did. And to know that no matter how hard it can be be at times, that each of you will be so glad and are so blessed to have the children you do.

Anonymous said...

And OJ's hands by her face....classic and adorable, you could tell she was so proud to have you there! Emmy, again