Time is marching way too fast. I just went to my first daughter, my fourth child's, Kindegarten parent/teacher conference. It's making me misty and nostalgic. Where did this child go? When did she become so full of opinions and exuberence. I look back at my photos and giggle. This was OJ around the almost 2 mark. She was in full mullet glory. I thought, well we thought the top will catch up, right? We maintained this thinking for a very long time. Even though she looks silly I am so glad we didn't cut it. I won't make that mistake again with Cici, but I'm tearing up just looking at her here. It was Christmas morning, in footie-jammies. Now she prances, dances and no longer wears footie-jammies. She no longer runs around with chocolate all over her face. Is it so wrong to want those moments frozen in time?
Next time I turn around she's going to be 10, then 15. I miss her already. Time slow down, please.
Next time I turn around she's going to be 10, then 15. I miss her already. Time slow down, please.

1 comment:
I'd forgotten to tell you, Kari, that I read this while in Hawaii. It did make me cry a bit.
Post a Comment