
Cici-10 days old
I made it. Made it through the first week, which honestly I thought was going to be hell. I usually get a taste of the chaos when the kids come to see me at the hospital. I can't wait for them to meet their new sibling. They've been anticipating it as long (well almost) as I have. They ponder boy or girl, argue boy or girl, wrestle boy or girl......
Well my point was that I love it when they come to visit, but I flashed back to Wyatt. Totally overwhelmed is what I ended up being. I remember counting the seconds until they left me. They were all three years younger then. What a difference that makes! I felt guilty for feeling the need to have them leave. Again, though, that was three years ago.
This time around the kids were mostly patient and calm. OJ never left her side, neither did Wyatt really, and that hasn't really changed. I have gotten overwhelmed since at home, but not like last time. My older boys are well...older. They have more responsability, and they know the look. THE look. They can tell when I'm gonna lose it, and they mostly react accordingly. Luke has me figured out, for sure. He's of course been with me the longest.
We made it through church without too much of a hitch. Although we did have to go to a later mass, as Cicilia is a cluster-feeding maniac. She feels the need to eat four times in an hour, which threw our schedule off a bit. Not to mention Sunday was so dark and cloudy, we ALL slept in a bit longer than anticipated. But thankfully thats why not all masses are at nine. Although I'm anxious to see the other parishoners at my church. And I know they are anxious to see Cici.
Jarrod was home for the bulk of that first week, except for school. Which was great. He took over the kids and things went well. I still was up to see the boys off to school. As if anyone could sleep through that zoo in the morning. We are on the three day countdown to summer, so excitement is at max capacity around here.
P-town is having a pig iron festival this weekend. Tractor pulls, bouncy house, bbq, Hit and miss engines? on display, barrel train rides for the kiddos. What a ball! Not to mention the all village garage sale deal. I don't know how many there will be, but my sister's having one, and I will be frequenting that for sure.
In other news, we got our garden in and the strawberries are ripening. Flowers are beginning to bloom in our yard from all my hubby's hard work and planting. My peonies are about to explode in their sweet-smelling goodness. I'm also needing to start on my chore chart for the summer. I've decided its time I organize a little. I've got poster board up the wazoo and plan on plotting the summer chores down week by week, and day by day. Not sure how or if it'll turn out, but I'm sure I'll blog it if it works. Can't wait to see!
1 comment:
Kari, thanks for a great update! That picture of Cici is precious. I love you, you're just the best Mom ever.
Post a Comment