She weighed in at 7lbs. 15 oz., 20 1/2" tall. A full pound and an inch taller than her sister was. What a beast!
My husband, whom I'd like to thank for letting me put all 160lbs of my weight on him while I endured the last hour of contractions that were so bad I tried to pawn them off on him. Didn't work though.
Others in attendence were my mom (of course!), Gina- my sister in law, who was so intrigued by a no drug birth she asked me back in August if she could attend. How could I refuse her! She made me giggle.
And my sisters Molly and Audrey, who made it in the nick of time, after leaving to attend their respective children in a Norris rendition of "A Music Man" I hear they were great. So they walked in as I was in the middle of pushing. BAM! Hit them right in the face with it!
Her labor went quickly, and was undoubtedly painful. I'm beginning to shake just thinking back. And I've done this with half my kids? Sometimes I can't believe it. However, recovery has been quick, as there was no tearing or anything. WOOT! So I feel pretty darned good. Now if I could just quit falling asleep sitting on the couch. My neck just isn't liking it.
So for now we're trying to get in a new groove. With only 7 days until my kids are out of school for summer, I'm panicking a little, but thankfully there are things we can go and do. Okay gotta go nurse.
2 comments:
Kari she's so beautiful! And you're a STUD for doing it drug-free!
Oh, Kari, she's as beautiful in that picture as she was in person. Thanks for yesterday, it was a real treat!
And labor and delivery, as painful as it was for you that last hour, was a true grace-filled miracle. I still get teary remembering... You and Jarrod are an amazing team. Love you.
Post a Comment