I love this time in a pregnancy and well, Hate it! I know the end is literally hours away. Could be 2 hours, could be 72 hours, only God knows. But my patience that was so eternal with Wyatt when he was in utero, is completely lacking with this one. I patiently waited eight days PAST my due date for my lovely little Wyatt. However with this one I have been counting the minutes since April hit. Which is totally ridiculous since I'm not due until May 1, and am usually late by several days.
I have been having contractions. However, as a mom of five already, my body has a lot, A LOT of practice work to do before its ready for the big one. I'm irrationally nervous about this labor too. I have had three labors with epidurals, and am first in line to say that while I understand the use of epidurals, medically speaking, I truly think they are the devils handiwork. My body does NOT like them. Painless childbirth is a medical wonder, yet my body goes haywire. So for the last couple I have gone the way of our ancestors and given birth with as little medical intervention as possible. It is damn hard too! But rewarding on the flipside of the coin. Unless there is a medical reason for an epidural, say an emergency c-section, my body will hopefully never endure another .
I'm most antsy about knowing WHAT our next child will be. Boy or Girl? I'm dying to find out. I love NOT finding out during the pregnancy, but when you get down to the nitty-gritty end, well I've had it with the suspense. I want to KNOW, and I want to KNOW NOW!!! So Lord, please speed things along, I've got someone to meet and am not patient this time around.
I probably won't be posting for a while, maybe a picture or two. Wish me luck! Prego OUT!
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
3 comments:
I guess I need a refresher on the effects of epidurals on you,....im sure you told me many moons ago. We can't wait to hear all about this new Fortner boo-boo. May your labor be swift and effective!
And... it doesn't help when a certain named sister calls you everyday and asks " Are you in Labor yet" Argh! Hang in there it will be soon... I can feel it.
- Guilty sister caller.
Oh Kari, I'm teary just writing this. A new little one. Each one is a long-awaited blessing. I, too, can't wait to meet the newest addition. I can still remember the birth day of each of my 7, and many of the events and feelings I had that day and just following. Many other days are just a blur but not the births of my babies. How I loved birthing. Missed my calling as a midwife.
Post a Comment