I had an emergency.
I was doing a workout today, and I was 10 minutes from the end, when it happened. I began to shake, quake and have an all over blood sugar fit. I tried to push past it, but I'm 34 weeks pregnant and thought that I may end up laying on the floor or some other drama could ensue.
So I stopped working out after about three minutes of some serious shakes. Ran into my kitchen to get myself a protein fix...STAT! The thing about this blood sugar plummet is, not just anything will do. I wish I could grab a cheesestick (which I despise by the way) and be cool. Grab a handful of almonds/peanuts, and be good. Nope. I, in all my glorious vibrations, walked/ran into the kitchen and grab my blender. Throw in some greek yogurt (do you know how much protein is packed into a cup of that stuff, its like amazing) and a cup of blueberries. I wanted to make blueberry yogurt. Why do I have to make it so difficult? I ponder this as I'm zesting a lemon to add to the blender. As I add the ingredients and watch them mix very slowly. I don't have a professional blender that blends thick things well, I wish!
So all the while my shakes are worsening. Finally I get it done and the troops have swarmed. "We want some!" ARG! I knew it! So I dish them each up a bowl. They both want extra blueberries sprinkled on top, a drizzle of honey, and cinnamon of course. Curse you Grandma Sheila! So I get this all done, dish mine up without cinnamon, but with honey and sliced almonds on top.
I eat the yogurt in record time. Did I just become a vacuum and suck it down? So I get done eating and am still shaking, heck I'm still shaking as I type this blog, and its been thirty minutes or so. The kids are now wanting more yogurt, which I give them but its now their strawberry yoplait w/ blueberries on top and cinnamon. Now OJ says "How about a peanut butter sandwich Mom? It IS lunch time after all." So true. Still shaking and making sandwiches, I snarf down a half peanut butter and honey sandwich.
Here's the moral of my story. I must never eat a breakfast that does not contain a protein source. Tootie Frooties and half a pear just don't cut it. And now I've eaten lunch and didn't even enjoy it. I ate so fast I missed it!
Lesson learned. For now.
Chronicles of my family. Sort of like a family journal. All 8 of us. Jarrod and Kari (mom and dad)-married 11 years. Luke-12, Max-11 Sam-9, Olivia-6, Wyatt-4, Cicilia-1. It's Crazy.
7 comments:
Holy moly!!! What a great dramatic story! Take'r easy prego!
-A
Holy moly!!! What a great dramatic story! Take'r easy prego!
-A
Holy moly!!! What a great dramatic story! Take'r easy prego!
-A
Holy moly!!! What a great dramatic story! Take'r easy prego!
-A
WOW! Take'r easy Prego!
-A
Hey, Kari! Thanks so much for your congrats on my blog today, and your earlier comment. I came across your blog a month or so ago through my sitemeter and then figured out through FB that you were family. Gotta love the internet :). So anyway, I wasn't surprised to get your post. Heck, I think we may even have met once when Nathaniel and Arthur organized a similar-aged cousins get together over Christmas break during college!
Anyway, that long story aside (I'm sure you've noticed from my blog that I'm incapable of telling short stories) I hope you're feeling better this evening and can enjoy your dinner at least. Good luck on these last few weeks of your pregnancy! We'll be praying for you.
I thought so Stacy! I remember it was at Applebees. How funny. Well be sure I'll be keeping tabs on your blog, I love hearing about other families and their stories, is that sick?
Post a Comment