Friday, November 13, 2009

This, that, and the other thing.

Jarrod's off again today. Hunting, deer, rifle... He will be missed, as this promises to be a very busy weekend. Tonight I'm just hoping to have a calm, relaxing evening with the kids. My dinner is planned and I'm not gonna stress over chores. Maybe. I hate getting behind, and this promises to be one of those weekends where more is NOT gonna get done than gets done. And this sets me back for my weekdays.

I totally organized my closet this week, which was very cleansing, in both senses of the word. Mentally that closet hung over my head, everyday. Its just the facts that we have a 1925 house. Back then houses were built pretty no nonsense. There is absolutely NO storage in this house. Every cupboard and shelf that is available is available because of Jarrod and I adding it, building it, or moving it in. With three bedrooms and seven, soon to be eight people living here, this is an issue. Well in answer to this issue, our closet became the place where everything went when there was no home for it. Three laundry hampers, two more that held Jarrod's shoes alone (3/4 of which he never wears, or hasn't worn for years, seriously he has problems), 10 years of pictures, all our towels/sheets are stored in this closet. I have a squat three drawer dresser in there, plus my shoe bucket, all my workout stuff (barbell, dumbells, step, medicine/yoga balls), all the kids' "baby boxes" which are just large shoeboxes with knickknacks, teeth the toothfairy left behind, baptism mementos, communion mementos, awards from school, etc. Also its our medicine cabinet, they gotta be out of reach right? I probably stubbed my toe weekly on a severe level, Jarrod at least three times that. I have grace, he doesn't.

The last time I thoroughly went through it and cleaned it was when I was about to have Wyatt and found the mouse infestation in our closet. It was so packed they just loved it. They were evicted and how. No more on this topic, it still grosses me out. I'm not a bad housekeeper, really! I just HATE to do the really time consuming projects, because they distract from the numerous and eternal things I focus my daily attention on. But, it was needed, desired, and accomplished. I gave myself a giant pat on the back for that one.

In other news, I had my first ultrasound on Monday, they wanted to rule out twins, and rule it out they did. One bambino on the way. And no we don't find out the sex, too much fun to do that! Everything is going smooth and baby is healthy and she could already see the baby swallowing (which is amazing, can I just say!) the heart has four chambers, which is good! Growing at a normal rate, right on stride for where he/she should be.

I on the other hand gained five pounds in five weeks. Damn you Halloween and your damn candy sitting in my kitchen! I think I've about eaten all the chocolate left, so at least THAT won't be an issue for me anymore. I'm doing really well on my exercise, which is good. I took a little hiatus during morning (or should I say ALL FRIGGIN' DAY) sickness, but even then was shooting for twice a week. I am religiously three times a week, four on a really good week. This weeks shaping up good. It just gives me so much darn energy, I can't believe I didn't workout when Luke and Max were little. I think I would have been much calmer and less psycho! Well, and thinner too. My belly is progressing at an alarming rate, truly. But I think my belly button may actually turn from and innie to and outie this time around. I came super close with Wyatt, and was always too chubby with the other ones, but I'm seeing it happening this time around.

I'm still planning on going all natural, come hell or high water! I will never do an epidural again, unless C-section is necessary (God forbid!). Gina has asked to be in the delivery room, and of course I said yes! Anyone that wants to be in there as badly as she does, I can't turn her down. No WAY! See I'm already ready for the labor part, truly and grotesquely its my favorite part of this ordeal. I like being pregnant, but the beginning and tail end stink, lets be honest. Bringing home a newborn when your house is a zoo... really? who looks forward to that? Plus the whole no sleep, giant breast thing. Need I say more. I look forward to the whole labor process from start to baby. Call me a freak, but its awesome! Okay enough about it.

Do I have anything else to talk about?

OJ's excited to see her cousin Lexi this weekend, thanks Christa for loaning us your hubby and eldest. We are all buzzing with excitement about Thanksgiving and Christmas too. I hate missing my family. But thankful for each and every one. God Bless.

2 comments:

Angie Clayton said...

Awesome update Kari - still laughing about the belly button.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to put the new baby in the closet?