The first example is Wyatt, whom I would tag as a little strange. He loves, loves, loves to hang out in the kitchen. I've found I don't really need the gate up unless I am seriously cooking with burners and oven. I get a little frightened doing all this with my boy who knows no fear. I'll tell him not to touch the oven because its hot. He'll stand there and regard me for a moment, then go right to the oven and touch it. It doesn't get hot on the front and sides, pretty warm sometimes though. Its as if he doesn't trust me and HAS TO find out the truth for himself. This is a quirk I wish he didn't have.
The quirk that I giggle at almost everyday though, is his obsession with our magnetic numbers and letter. They litter the dishwasher, oven and refrigerator. He isn't satisfied with a handful, dozen, or twenty magnets. He MUST have them all up somewhere on the magnetic surfaces. I put them away sometimes only because I get tired of picking them up off the floor all the time. He immediately notices, whether first thing in the morning, or after his nap. This is one thing that cracks me up.
He also knows, I swear, how much it annoys me that they get all over the floor. How do I know he knows this? I'll tell you. If Wyatt gets mad at me for whatever reason, he crosses the house, heads straight to the fridge and with both hands shoves all the magnets to the floor. This makes me laugh just typing this. Its like his only revenge for being told no, or whatever makes him mad. And he usually ends up in time-out because he refuses to pick up his mess. So two minutes of time out(which is a whole other post), and then mommy and Wyatt re-stick all magnets.

The quirk that makes me laugh the most, however, is when he takes all the magnets off the fridge and piles them in the water and ice dispenser. I dutifully remove them and re-stick them. Hours later the pile is back. But the funniest thing about this is the rest of the family's reaction to it. Jarrod is always like "What the Heck!!!!" It shocks him every time. Where as the kids just CAN'T figure out how they are going to get ice and/or water with all the magnets piled in there. I ALWAYS with patience say "Well how could you solve this problem?" Yeah, as if. I tell them to move the magnets, DUH! And they always look at me as if I have suggested they move a mountain. SO MUCH WORK!! for ice. "But I didn't put them there!" I calmly (yes, always) tell them that I didn't put them there either. Discussion ends, whether they like it or not.
And I just had to post this picture of Max's CCD book (Sorry, Molly!). I laughed really hard because this is just so typical of Max. Everything is bodily fluids and bodily noises. But the really funny thing is, is that Jarrod was taunted with this "nickname" when he was younger. I love boys. Nine year old ones are the best.
And if you can't see it very well, first blame the photograper, but it says Max Fartner, instead of Fortner. Ha!
And if you can't see it very well, first blame the photograper, but it says Max Fartner, instead of Fortner. Ha!
2 comments:
It's 11:42p.m. and I just had the best laugh-out-louds I've had in a long time. Thanks Kari, Love you, Mom
That was a great post Kari! Still laughing at Max Fartner :)
Post a Comment