Well its been a week for trying new recipes I've been discovering off of recipe blogs, which I find endlessly entertaining.To your right is a picture of a cake that was touted, THE best chocolate cake ever. Those were pretty big words to prove. I thought, "I have to try it." For scientific purposes of course. Would it prove to be so delicious that it would be devoured in moments? The answer lies in the picture. This was taken this morning, and there still is slightly more than half left. The best chocolate cake? No. Good? yes. As I was discussing this with Jarrod, I said "These people have never been to the Cheesecake Factory!"But for homemade it was good
, not great, and definitely not the best.
, not great, and definitely not the best.Now we have the pork boston butt that I roasted low and slowly overnight last night. OH MY GOSH! The recipe said to cook it overnight because the roast had to reach an internal temperature of 200 degrees. Which is way more than done, but for it to reach maximum tenderness you want it this high internally. It is so tender, delicious, scrumptious! I think OJ and I could have devoured it this morning. But we restrained ourselves.
On a downside, the smell was strong. All night I kept waking up to the smell. I have a very small house. Every nook was stinking. Jarrod on the other hand found the smell heavenly. He woke up this morning praying it was ready to taste. Yelling from the bed to me in the kitchen, "Can I have some NOW!?!" Nope, he was told. It had to cool down to 170 before shredding.
Shredding was really fun, and not much work. I initially purchased a 9.5lb roast. yup, you heard right. And as I went to go pick up the roast with tongs the darn thing fell into little chunks, the little chunks shredded in moments. Voila! Shredded Pork Roast. Ready to be reheated and put on buns, paired with a little coleslaw. Yummy, yummy. FYI this recipe was provided to me by the recipe blog, www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes
HEEEEEERE'S Monkey Bread! Yummy, sugary, buttery goodness. Not a breakfast for the everyday, but again scientific experimentation. I used Pillsbury's buttermilk biscuits, the small cans that come in a four pack. These did have an undesirable after taste. I think I should have gone with my instinct to grab the southern style grands biscuits. Will not make this a lot, but its easy and a crowd-pleaser. Except Luke, he complained the sticky stuff made his stomach hurt. He was the only one who didn't finish. Jarrod even ate breakfast this morning. He loved it.
Okay recipe experiments so far. All successes to varying degrees. I can't wait for dinner! Oh yeah by the way the smell is way diminishing from the house.

2 comments:
I'm really impressed with all the pictures. I should snap a picture of my beautiful loaf of Artisan bread before this one disappears too! So good seeing you this a.m. Love, Mom
No,mom. You have GOT to take a pic when it first comes out, its so beautiful! I love the shell design.
Post a Comment