Okay, so my blog hiatus has now come to a three month end. Lots has happened. Namely I am pregnant with no.6! I was not so sure how I felt about this. I'm still grappling with it, but not so often anymore. There are so many things to think about when adding another baby to our already crazy household.
- Our house is tiny. Will we all fit?
- I was soooo thinking I was done!
- Jarrod is starting school. We've always had the best timing!
- How will Wyatt react? Will he be another Sam?
- Did I mention how small our house is?
So these and a million other concerns and worries are on the table. But I digress. I'm handling it, Jarrod's handling it. We'll manage, function, and probably thrive.
Our summer went by in a blink, and fall is upon us. I am so glad. I love when you can cook, bake, and all around create in the kitchen and not sweat. When the smells of onion, garlic, and olive oil fill the air (as it does very often around here). Cinnamon is always a comforting smell also. As a kid I remember that smell a lot in our house this time of year. I always relate it to winter mostly, and want that memory for my kids. My mom always had a knack (on purpose, or not) to make our house feel and smell cozy on those cold days, dashing off the bus. I want my kids to be enveloped in warmth and coziness when they are cold and tired from a long day at school, or a long day playing outside. Who wouldn't?
I have recently come across a website that as of yet is untested, but that ends this evening. Its a great blog. A woman with four kids, married to a cowboy, and makes a ton of food, and shares these recipes with millions. I am trying the first of many recipes tonight. Its called Not-your-Grandma's Mac-n-cheese. I will let you know, probably via Facebook, how it is. But check it out, its delightful. http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ And you're welcome! I know you mom's will appreciate it. Especially us Kuchta mom's. She's funny, a little irreverent (which of course I LOVE about it). She's full of spunk and is inspiring to me, and a big reason why I'm raising my blog from the dead.
That's it for now, gotta go make some dinner for my hungry wolves. Don't forget to watch Top Chef tonight!
3 comments:
Oh, Kari, I love the new look! I'm gonna create something new on mine. Mmmmmmmm. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
when I hit your link it sent me to some business sight. Yikes. Something's awry.
www.thepioneerwoman.com
I blogged too!!
Post a Comment