Okay here are a few starters to our summer blog album. Its been forever since I've blogged. But this one's for you mom! All you on facebook will have seen these pics already so feel free to ignore and move on. Or....Comment on how lovely my photography is and how beautiful my children are! No pressure.
We just got back from baseball, the season is almost at a close. It will be sad, Max is really coming into his own. He is so pumped about it. Every game he's gonna hit a homer "for you mom!". And they're gonna slay the opposing team. Gotta love the enthusiasm.
Watching the Scdoris kids is going well, I get a well deserved week off next week. HA! week off! I still have FIVE kids, just not the two extra. Carley is a huge help with Wyatt. Her and Hayley are a gaggle of giggling girls all by themselves. They boys have been staying busy getting filthy and sweaty, and did I mention filthy? Audrey can testify to that. But unfortuneately that is what the Fortner boys do best.
Jarrod's working literally three houses down which is fun. He comes home for lunch and in the summer they are off earlier, or is it there are more hours of daylight? I don't know. We have not gone swimming as much as I would like but after baseball our schedule will clear up a bit. Until football starts in August. Yuck. Its even hotter then. One day at a time Kari! Sheesh!
Wyatt is talking a lot more and is such a funny guy. But don't we all know it! OJ is independent beyond compare. Sam is feeling better from all his allergy meds. Max is always just go, go, go! Then BOOM! CRASH! BANG! Into bed in the evenings. Lucky if he sees a bed before 10! Luke is also busy doing all that Luke does. I think he especially likes having Carley around. Someone older to commisserate with. But he's been showing Liam the ropes of riding on the trails, finding the best mud, how to spin/squeal/peel rubber etc.
I'm staying busy. Today I worked out, made runzas, cinnamon rolls, made smoothies for the kids post-swimming. Lots of kitchen time but great to do it all. My neighbor who is a pastor and does the foodbank type stuff around here dropped off two pounds of ground beef and a BOX of ripening bananas. HOORAY! I've already frozen two gallon baggies full from the armload she dropped off last night. But as I drink a banana and peanut butter shake almost religiously every morning, and then of course all the kids want one, I go through them fast.
Well I about covered most and its time to put kids to bed, so ta ta.

1 comment:
Thank you, thank you!! Love reading all about the gang. will see you later this morn. Love you all.
Post a Comment